I bought a new red pie plate at Target this weekend, so I needed to find something yummy to make in it. I found a variation of this spaghetti pie online and adapted it to meet our needs...and ingredients we had on hand! This recipe makes alot, so a nice deep pie plate is necessary!
1 pound spaghetti or other pasta (I used egg noodles!)
1/2 stick of butter
parmesan cheese to taste
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
garlic powder to taste
1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to directions and drain. Add 1/2 stick butter and desired amount of parmesan cheese and mix until butter melts.
2. Brown ground beef. Drain and return to skillet with salt, pepper, garlic powder and pasta sauce until heated through.
3. In a small bowl combine sour cream and cream cheese and set aside.
4. Coat a deep pie plate (or 9x13 dish would work fine) with cooking spray and add the cooked spaghetti mixture.
5. Spread the cream cheese mixture over spaghetti, next add the meat mixture and top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
This spaghetti pie was really good on this cold, snowy day. I got a thumbs up from everyone! Lee liked this recipe alot....reminded him alot of the ziti that we all love!
We are home for the second snow day of the week and everyone's getting a little stir crazy! I hope the kids will be back at school tomorrow, but if they are I'll be surprised. The temps aren't supposed to be above freezing until Friday.
To help pass the time, we're headed back out to play in the snow! :)