Fall 2013

Fall 2013

June 17, 2009

Sausage and Cream Cheese Dip...yum!

I've been meaning to post this dip recipe for awhile...it's super easy and SO yummy! I got this one from my friend, Tammy, many years ago and still make it alot. Lee loves it!

Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
1 tube breakfast sausage (I like the Jimmy Dean Maple flavor)
2 blocks of cream cheese - 16 oz total (I used 1/3 less fat kind this time...couldn't tell the difference!)
1 can Rotel

Brown your sausage, drain and return to the skillet. Soften cream cheese slightly in the microwave and add to the skillet. Get those two ingredients incorporated well. Open the can of Rotel, drain half of the juice and then add the tomatoes and remaining juice to the skillet. Mix well and simmer on low until heated throughout. Serve with Tostitos or Fritos Scoops!

3 comments:

Granna said...

It is a delicious dip. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Trisha said...

Yum....sounds really good. Okay, if Granna can comment, I think she should post!! But, since she is out of town and vacationing from the blog, Heather, I would appreciate if you would post daily to take her place. Thanks!

heather said...

Trish, you're too funny!