Fall 2013

Fall 2013

May 14, 2012

{ Mother's Day }

We had a busy, but oh so fun, Mother's Day this year! 

Our sweet friend, Denise, invited us to Memphis for the Grizzlies playoff game.  As you might remember, she invited us to the Justin Bieber concert last year and she has a swanky box at the FedEx Forum.  Any event over there is FUN, so we were excited to go.



The kids had never been to an NBA game before, so it was big fun for them.  The Grizzlies lost game 7, but we had a ball anyway! 


They sang and danced - Emma Taylor tried hard to get on the dance cam!  She waved her Grizzlies towel like a champ!
 They loved the flag and claw that Lee bought them!

After the game we headed over to Blues City Cafe on Beale Street.  This is one of our favorite restaurants in Memphis.  The food is fantastic and the desserts are even better!  We shared an apple dumpling that came out sizzling in butter.  Oh so delicious!

After that, we stopped by Target, so my day was complete!  :o]

To top it all off, Lee and the kids game me some sweet gifts.  I can't wait to spend my gift certificate from Bliss! 

The kids both made me presents at school.  Emma Taylor wrote a poem and decorated a precious picture for me.  Love it!



Harrison's class made cookbooks for their moms.  His teacher asked them each what their favorite thing was that their mom cooked and then they had to tell her how to make it.  It was precious and funny!  Harrison's favorite recipe was for pancakes!



So thankful for my mom, mother-in-law and all the other moms who have mothered me throughout the years.  Thankful too that I have the awesome privlege of being a mom myself...my favorite job ever!

No comments: